Booking & Deposits
- For shared cost charters payment for each person must be made in full before the day of charter by direct credit into my account.
- For Full Day Fishing Charters, a non-returnable 20% deposit is required in advance. Please contact us directly to book your Full Day Charter. Deposits can be paid by direct credit into my account.
Refunds & Cancellations
- Refunds will only be given in the event of a cancellation by us due to unsafe weather conditions or boat malfunction.
- We will attempt to give you as much notice as possible of a cancellation due to weather.
- Unfortunately there may be occasions due to sudden changes in conditions when we are forced to cancel directly before the trip, or even shorten the trip while in progress. If we have to shorten your trip due to bad weather or boat malfunctions, we will refund a proportion of the cost of the trip, based on the remaining trip time.
Alcohol & Smoking
We have no issue with alcohol consumption or smoking on board except when interfering with the safety, or the comfort of other passengers. Where excess consumption of alcohol does jeopardize safety, Black Pearl Charters reserves the right to terminate the trip with no refund due – or to safely remove any affecting passengers wherever we see suitable!
Share The Catch Policy
When you come on a charter with us, the catch will be shared amongst all of the customers on the boat. We are responsible for allocating this.
Sustainable Fishing Policies
We love fishing, and we want to preserve the enjoyment of New Zealand’s fishing for future generations. That’s why we whole-heartedly support sustainable and responsible fishing, and encourage ‘catch and release’ as much as possible on our charters.
Our Sustainable Fishing Policy
- 5 snapper per person
- Minimum fish size 32cm, as opposed to NZ Govt. regulation 27cm.
- Maximum 25 snapper for the boat per day
- 5 Kahawai per person, 10 tarikihi and 10 bluecod per person with a boat total of no more than 40 of any one specie
- 2 groper and 5 bluenose limits per person
Terms & Conditions
- You must pay for any damage you cause to the boat or its fittings, or any rods and reels that you damage or lose overboard, even if accidentally.
- You are not liable for any normal wear and tear or gear failures, such as reels jamming etc.
- You must follow the skippers instructions at all times while onboard. Our primary concern is for your safety, and you must comply with any instructions from the skipper immediately and without argument. This includes donning lifejackets when asked to due to unsafe weather conditions.
- Limitation of liability
Notwithstanding anything else expressed or implied in these terms and except where a statute requires otherwise, Black Pearl Charters shall not be liable whether in contract, tort or otherwise for:
(a) any injury to persons or damage to property; or
(b) any direct, indirect, consequential, financial or economic loss or damage to property arising out of any act or omission of Black Pearl Charters.
- On booking with Black Pearl Charters the Customer shall be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms, conditions and policies.
- Black Pearl Charters reserves the right to review and change these terms, conditions and policies at any time.